Springbox offers a fun, stimulating, technology-focused work environment that is fast-paced and rewarding. We are committed to fostering an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skill-set, while making a real contribution to a rapidly expanding agency.
Our Austin office is looking for a conceptual and creative art director who can develop big ideas across multiple channels to join our team. Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, the Art Director is responsible for creating design and innovative ideas from concept to launch while collaborating with content strategists, UX designers, developers and other creatives.
The ideal candidate is organized, has great time and self management skills, and is capable of juggling multiple accounts and tasks. They will effectively engage their supervisor and/or project lead for approvals and creative direction in a timely manner. They will have good understanding of front-end development which informs their designs and allows them to “speak dev” when collaborating with team members. Springbox is looking for someone who stays up to date on emerging technologies, knows what will impact their solutions and is able to clearly communicate and educate their clients. Creativity, the ability to collaborate with all teams, flexibility and accountability are a must.
Perks (because it matters, right?)
- Wear what you want to work, up to a point. No speedos.
- Fully stocked “beverage” refrigerators
- Located downtown at 8th and Colorado Ave. (Plenty of coffee shops close by)
- Modern, comfortable workplace, with areas to chill when you need it
- Ping Pong Table
- Uplift desks (option to stand or sit)
- Flexible hours. Some of us aren’t morning people!
- Bring your best friend to work (Dogs allowed)
- •Unlimited PTO policy (This is not a typo)
- •Ego-free environment
- Think big – campaign concepts, big umbrella ideas, branding, multiple media, social campaigns, video, etc...
- Create concepts that speak directly to the creative brief
- Ensure that creative executions support client business goals
- Clearly articulate and present the thinking and story behind ideas and recommendations
- Consult with and take direction from creative leaders
- Be highly collaborative and communicate well with team members across content, design, ux and development disciplines
- Critique and review work from supporting team members to ensure quality execution
- Interpret client and peer feedback to drive design direction
- Meet project deadlines and milestones
- Study, apply and share latest software, technology, new trends, tools and techniques with the team and with clients
- Briefing and getting estimates from artists and photographers to work on projects
- Help prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Fully participate in pitches for new business or offer assistance to pitch teams
- Provide level-of-effort and ballpark time estimates for project deliverables to assist account service team
- A strong passion for the interactive medium
- An Associates of Fine Arts or equivalent/higher degree in commercial arts or related field
- 2+ years experience in a creative agency – past interactive focus is a must
- Thorough understanding of graphic design principles, including page layout, color theory, photography and typography
- Understanding of web design principles such as user experience, usability and accessibility
- Strong proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous experience on social work for different brands and a good understanding of the main social networks
- Prior experience supporting national brands
- Copywriting skills
Online portfolio and resume required